Focus and Scope
Our mission is to register, retrieve and disseminate information in the form of important scientific evidence, defending the editorial freedom and global integration of knowledge between researchers and practitioners of nursing and health.
Our vision is to emerge as the best electronic journal of nursing in Latin America, through recognition by the major international indexing databases and through its inalienable defense of excellence, accuracy and ethical precepts in publications in the field of health.
Internal regiment HERE.
Peer Review Process
STATUS: NOT DESIGNATED
ESTIMATED TIME: 30 Days
- The Author reads the rules, submits the manuscript, performs the payment of submission fee;
- The Author performs the manuscript upload, additional documents (pictures, DUDE and proof of payment of submission fee);
- The Financial Sector confirms receipt of the submission fee and releases the article submitted for analysis of the librarian;
- The Librarian performs Check A (pre-analysis) and verifies the adequacy to the rules prescribed by the OBJN;
- The Head Editor evaluates the relevance of the manuscript to the OBJN and designates the Section Editor.
NOTE: The inadequacy to the requirements allows the rejection of the submission in the sub-processes 3, 4 and 5.
STATUS: IN REVIEW
ESTIMATED TIME: 90 days
- The Section Editor applies Checklist B (method) and, in case of score ≥ 8.0, the article will be designated to two expert reviewers;
- Each reviewer has 15 days to issue an opinion according to the standardization of the journal, which will determine a score from the reviewer, Check C (expert evaluation );
- The Section Editor in possession of the advice and recommendations of the reviewers decides on: rejection; submission to a new round after the adjustments of the author; acceptance of the new round after adjustments of the Author and; acceptance after minor formatting adjustments. The decision of the Section Editor is informed to all Authors by e-mail;
- The Section Editor, possibly after the second round, presents his recommendation to the editor;
- The Head Editor decides on the approval of the manuscript and informs the Author that, if positive, he will also receive information regarding the translation and complete filling of metadata by means of proper form, plus the payment of a publication fee process.
NOTE: The inadequacy to the requirements allows the rejection of the submission in the sub-processes 4 and 5.
STATUS: EM EDIÇÃO (de texto)
TEMPO ESTIMADO: 30 dias
- The Author, in possession of the final version of the article, approved by the Chief Editor, and of the metadata form obtained from the link received through approval email, performs the quotation of translation services at the companies accredited by OBJN;
- The Author pays the publication fee, sends the scanned voucher to the Financial Sector of the OBJN and informs the name of the company contracted for translation services;
- The chosen company performs: Portuguese revision, English version, English revision (native translation), Spanish version, Spanish revision (native translation), filling/revision of the metadata form (attached). After Portuguese review the final material is sent to the author for corrections, when necessary, and proof reading;
- The Author returns the text to the contractor with possible modifications;
- The Accredited Company sends to the Financial Sector of the OBJN the following: original text, final version in Portuguese, final version in English, final version in Spanish; metadata form, filled out and, eventually, processed images;
- The Financial Sector confirms receipt of the publication fee, releases information on OJS and forwards all materials to the librarian;
- The Librarian carries out the general revision of the standardization and use of the Vancouver style in the three languages and forward all documents to the text editor;
- The Text Editor evaluates and eventually proceeds the changes of the small adjustments and sends all documentation to the Head Editor;
- The Head Editor reviews all the material and schedules in OJS system, the edition in which the material will be published.
STATUS: IN EDITION (layout)
ESTIMATED TIME: 30 Days
- The technical staff of the OBJN prepares versions in HTML, PDF and EPUB in the three languages; performs the correct completion of metadata based on the received document, performs markup of the DTD standards of SciELO, DOI (Digital Object Identifier) assignment, performs the upload of all files in OJS system;
- The Head Editor reviews the entire process, publishes the issue and emits notification to all users registered in OBJN.
March – Autumn Edition
June – Winter Edition
September – Spring Edition
December – Summer Edition
Open Access Policy
This journal provides open access to all of it content on the principle that making research freely available to the public supports a greater global exchange of knowledge. Such access is associated with increased readership and increased citation of an author's work. For more information on this approach, see the Public Knowledge Project, which has designed this system to improve the scholarly and public quality of research, and which freely distributes the journal system as well as other software to support the open access publishing of scholarly resources.
Sources of Support
OBJN: Online Brazilian Journal of Nursing aims to disseminate and discuss academic and scientific production. It is about recognizing the need for coexistence between different aspects of research in the field of nursing, feeding the constant debate as a way of encouraging scientific production. At the same time, it aims to stimulate dialogue with different areas of knowledge, whose themes are related to the health field.
Public of the magazine: Professors, Researchers, Health professionals, Undergraduate and graduate students and related areas.
OBJN: Online Brazilian Journal of Nursing is a publication linked to the Aurora de Afonso Costa Nursing School at Universidade Federal Fluminense.